Thursday, May 27, 2010

Establishing Priorities

Establishing Priorities
By Bishop E. Earl Jenkins
This week's topic: The Wisdom Of God


Growing up, Dr. Tony Campolo says he spent many Saturdays at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia visiting Ed Bailey, the guy who ran it. Campolo writes: "His encyclopedic mind fascinated me. He knew something about everything...I was friends with Ed until he died. After a serious stroke I went to visit him...I told him all the places I'd been to speak and how I'd come right from the airport to see him.


"He heard me out, then said, 'You go all over the world to people who 10 years from now won't remember your name. But you haven't time for those who really care about you."

Campolo continues, "That...hit me hard and changed my life. I decided not to let all my time be used by people for whom I make little difference, while I neglect those for whom I'm irreplaceable."

"One day a friend of mine got a call from The White House asking him to consult with the President. He said no, because it was a day he'd promised to spend with his granddaughter. The nation survived...the President didn't miss him, and his granddaughter had precious time with her Pop-Pop."

Somebody said that the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing! David put it like this: "Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom" (Ps 90:12 NLT).

Time is an equal-opportunity employer. We all get 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, 86,400 seconds daily, and we must account for how we use them. So ask yourself how you would spend the next 24 hours if you knew that you'd stand before God tomorrow -- then get busy!

Scripture Of The Day: "Teach us to use wisely all the time we have." Psalm 90:12 (CEV)


Bishop Edward Earl Jenkins is the senior pastor and founder of the True Servant Worship & Praise Church located in Trenton, New Jersey. For over twenty years, Bishop Jenkins’ unique method of preaching and teaching has opened doors to allow him to touch the hearts of many lives near and far. For more information, visit him at http://www.eejministries.org…

No comments:

Post a Comment